I've actually gotten a lot of stuff done this week. At work, I've been busy and time hasn't been going quite as slow. I just got done designing a 'button' for our webpage that will allow all you good people to click on it and get to our new blog, which we will launch today! I am going to have a weekly post called "Covering the Continent," and I'll be writing about the media in Africa. Here is a clip from my first post...subject to change.
"Over the summer, I will look at how governments and media in different African nations interact with each other and how that relationship could improve. I will evaluate how the media coverage, or lack of media coverage, affects the 'ordinary' people in Africa. I will also analyze how the international media covers the continent by assessing if current African issues are being covered properly, as well as suggest ways Western reporters could do better."
So I'm excited about that. Other important things that happened this week:
- I changed my flight so that I'm coming home early Aug. 9 instead of Aug. 16 because that's when I get kicked out of my room.
- The first alarm has gone off three times in two days in my dorm. The voice of the alarm haunts me in my sleep. "May I have your attention please, May I have your attention please, a fire emergency has been reported in the building. PLEASE!!!"
- I ordered a new camera.
- My roommates and I had the best pillow fight ever. Here are some pictures/video is coming soon. The last picture shows the destruction we made. It really helped get our anger/stress out. Even though I'm not angry or stressed. Cool.





1 comment:
nice to see where you live even though it is post pillow fight!.. You girls no how to have fun... thats for sure.
I am excited about your blog for Africa Aciton -- way cool. I was just on the website this morning but didnt see "the button", i will check right now. I took a survey however, but i really wasnt sure what I was talking about.. whats new eh?? anyway, thanks for the updates and way cool.
your mighty fine, my daughter.
love, Motherrrrrrrrr
Post a Comment