My life outside of Africa Action has been good lately too - except for the fact that one of my roommates, Becca, left on Tuesday to go home. It was really sad to say goodbye to her, but we had a fun four-day weekend together before she left.
The week before last week we got out of the house during the evening twice. I know, I know, we need to settle down. On Sunday we went over to my roommates' friend Lucy's house in Bethesda, Maryland to eat dinner. Her mom made the BEST MEAL. The appetizers alone could have lasted me four days. There was hummus, little wieners in BBQ sauce, spinach dip, and cheese. Then for dinner we had hamburgers, and after there was a massive chocolate cake. It felt good to be in a house and to eat a big meal. We took leftovers home and ate them for days.
However, the best part was not the meal, it was what we did before the meal.
I was introduced to Rock Band. For those of you who have played it, you know what I mean when I say I literally felt like I was a rock star. I played the drums, the guitar, the bass... I didn't sing because I was too nervous, but I may next time.
Then on Tuesday we went to Mamma Mia... it wasn't that great but I loved it because it was so fun. I have been listening to "Honey, Honey" and "Lay All Your Love On Me" on repeat ever since.
Becca stopped work on that Thursday so we had Friday to do something fun. We went to the pool and stayed there for a few hours and then went shopping. I took last Monday off and Becca and I went to the zoo!
I hadn't been to the zoo in a really long time. We saw monkeys, elephants, etc. The monkeys were definitely my fav. There was this crazy monkey lady sitting down by one of the cages talking to a monkey named Lucy. She was showing the monkey all of her makeup and Lucy seemed to really enjoy it. It was cute... but the lady was definitely crazy.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment